Thursday, February 14, 2019

All Dressed Up for Valentine's Day ❤

It's Valentine's Day! I always try to do something special to celebrate it, even if it is just decorating or making a special meal for my husband and me. But, since my main focus for the month of February is deep cleaning every nook and cranny in the house, I haven't been in my studio a lot to create things. I already posted the two Valentine wreaths I made, so today is just a short and sweet...mostly pictorial...post of the transformation of my mini dress form from Christmas to Valentine's Day. ❤
Please click on the photos to enlarge them, if you want a closer look.

Here she is wearing her Christmas ensemble.


The blouse, sash and pin were all removable.
I used rubber bands to draw in the evergreen skirt.


In order to smooth out her evergreen skirt, I wrapped her lower half with batting.


At first, I was going to sew a skirt for her,
but it was easier just to take several yards of tulle and wrap . . . and wrap . . . and wrap her!

I tucked bright pink tulle into her bodice, wrapped her waist in an organza ribbon and tied it in a big bow.
Of course, she needed to wear some pearls, so I made a little choker for her, too.

The big reveal . . . All Dressed Up for Valentine's Day!

Thank you for taking the time from your day to read my post. Your questions and comments are welcome here on my blog or on Facebook. I will read them and respond. I hope you and those you love are happy and healthy; and as always, until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the hollow of His hand.


Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment