Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Be Mine!

It is Valentines Day! As I mentioned in a previous post, my mother made a pretty big deal out of Valentines Day when I was a little girl. Even on a school night, we had a special supper with red Jell-O in heart-shaped molds and a heart-shaped layer cake with pink frosting for dessert. I still like to carry on her tradition and make the day special at our house, too.


Not fans of going out to dinner on Valentines Day, although the TV ads for restaurants are very enticing, my husband and I opt to stay home and celebrate in our own small ways. A pretty card, a funny note left on the fridge, watching a favorite movie together, and a home-cooked meal are more interesting to us than going to a crowded restaurant. And as much as we like Hallmark cards and the Hallmark Channel, my husband always laughs and says he doesn't need Hallmark to tell him that it is time to let his wife know that he loves her! I am a lucky girl because he lets me know I am special and loved in a thousand ways all throughout the year.


When I was able to get back into my studio in January, I decided to actually be ahead of the game for once, and made a Valentines Day banner for our dining room. Instead of a card this year, Paul gets a banner that he can look at when he is having his morning coffee. I wasn't sure how fancy I wanted to make it, but I had a little box of supplies just for the occasion; so I dug around in it and pulled out what I thought would make a cute banner. I kept it simple. I am fully aware of how I can get carried away sometimes and make things rather fancy and involved; but the goal was to get it finished ahead of time and hold it for the special day, not to embellish it until every inch of it was covered in lace and roses!  ;-)


I snuck downstairs early this morning to hang the banner across the mantle and now I am waiting for Paul to descend the stairs. I tend to get excited like a little kid on Christmas morning when I have something like this to unveil. I'm pretty sure he will be able to tell when he notices my excitement about the day, my sense of urgency for him to get downstairs for his morning coffee, and my boisterous mood thanks to a lot of caffeine; so it shouldn't be too long a wait until he sees the it! In the meanwhile, I will have more coffee, pick out a movie for later and plan a nice home-cooked meal.
♡♡♡ Be Mine Banner  ♡♡♡
I hope you and those you love are enjoying this romantic holiday. It can be as elaborate or as low-key as you want to make it. Have fun and make some memories. When all is said and done, the memories we make are what are most important. ♡


Thank you for stopping by to read my blog post today. As always, your questions and comments are welcome. And until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the hollow of His hand.


Emmy



No comments:

Post a Comment