Monday, December 8, 2014

Mid-December Crafting

I made some cards a few weeks ago and thought I would share them here. 

Photo above: 
I was so excited to receive my Sizzix Die and Embossing folder set.  It cuts the shape and you can then emboss it with the look of a comfortable overstuffed chair. I inked the raised up part to help define the chair. Wouldn't you just love to sink into this chair next to a roaring fire with a good wintertime book? Of course....when I went to find the really special paper I bought this summer in anticipation of one day owning this die and folder, it was no where to be found! I know I will find it. The question is when? It looks like plush velvet, but it is paper!

Because I am posting from my smart phone, I dare not try to move things around to look better. I can't really be at my desk just yet, where I can maneuver around the computer screen, because I am recuperating from surgery.  Since I will need to spend several months in the recovery mode, winter in Western New York will be a good time for that...as long as I can stay inside and watch it snow from inside my cozy house!

I have been bitten by the hexi bug. I will do a little show and tell in my next post.  They are easy to make. I am grabbing all different fabrics from my stash and I don't even know yet what I will make with them! 

Photos below:
Gatefold Christmas Card
Birthday Card Front and Interior
Gatefold Card with a Belly Band to keep it closed

That is it for now...I will try to post weekly because I plan to be very productive during my recuperation and get lots of unfinished projects done! Stay tuned . . .   :-)

I am grateful for the good weather we had for my trip to and from the hospital. Here in WNY, we can get lots of snow overnight.  In fact, on the day after my surgery,  there was a foot of new-fallen snow on the ground! Luckily it melted before I was discharged 7 days later, so I got a ride back home in our Mustang...which was easy for me to get in and out of. My husband has been a gem attending to my every need and is my number one cheerleader. Your prayers, cards and good wishes have meant a lot. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. ♡

And until we meet again,  may the Lord hold you in the hollow of His hand. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment