Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Golden Rule

I love the first day of the new year. A new beginning. When I was a kid, our family would have a big dinner in the afternoon with my father's side of the family. We were a farm family, so New Year's Eve revelling was kept to watching Guy Lombardo on our little black and white TV and toasting at midnight with ginger ale and cranberry juice. A fond memory.

Today I will continue organizing my studio. I am anxious to begin a new project, (I have three deadlines to meet), and maybe even finish one; but putting things away where they belong is the first order of business! I have established two areas for my studio, one for making mini albums and paper crafts, the other for sewing. It is brightly lit in the room today because of the new snowfall! :-)

Now, for my title . . . The Golden Rule . . . In this world that is so torn with natural and man-made disasters, today and everyday in 2013, and hopefully everyday I have ahead of me, I will try to practice The Golden Rule that was one of my earliest teachings. Paraphrased from the Bible, in Matthew 7:12:  “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, . . . "  If only each person would consider and practice this purposeful intention, I think our world would be a better place for most of us.

With that in mind, I think it is time to make some lunch for my husband and myself. Be good to yourself today. It is my hope and my prayer that your year will be full of blessings.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment