Friday, January 5, 2018

Good Gravy!

Good gravy! I'm not sure when I started using this expression so much, but I must say it at least once a day. Today I woke up very early and after a couple cups of coffee, I went into my studio to work on some projects. When I came to a stopping point, because I needed to wait for some ink to dry, I looked up at my cubby hole shelves and decided to clean them out a little. It was originally designed as a closet organizer to hold shoes, but when I saw it at the store, I knew it was just what I needed for all the miscellaneous clutter that was accumulating on my work table. It has turned out to be very useful, but also a good place to stash things and forget about them.

So, as I made my way through one cubby, then another and another, I made a few surprising discoveries. I fully expected that the stuff in there would be in a jumble and pretty much unrelated to each other, but I didn't expect to find something I had absolutely no memory of buying. It definately was an impulse item and probably ended up in my cart because it was marked down so much. I also discovered a few little books I was making, but had lost track of, and a 6" x 6" pad of really cool scrapbooking paper designed by a well-known artist. In fact, while I was watching YouTube videos this past week, I came across some things he had designed and thought to myself that I'd like to buy some of his specialty papers. Good gravy!

15 rather deep cubbies that were supposed to function as an organizational tool have ended up cluttered and full of miscellaneous crafty things. The pile of ribbons,  feathers, adhesive tape guns and cutting tools is part of the supply cache I need for my current project. 

My best finds of the day!
Clockwise: Three little books I'd lost track of that I'd love to finish, a Prima 6"x 6" Frank Garcia designer paper pad, and a metal corrugator that I have no recollection of buying!

Only $3.99! I mean how could I resist such a bargain? It was originally $19.99. I am pretty sure I didn't plan to make jewelry with it, but I have used metal in my albums and tags. Now I have a "new" toy to play with while I'm snowed in. I love shopping in my own stash!

These little chipboard books are only 4" x 4".
They are going to be so cute when they're finished! 

"The Archivist" 6" x 6" paper pad designed by Frank Garcia for Prima Marketing.
I have admired his work on YouTube and don't even recall putting this in my shopping cart, most likely at Hobby Lobby. Maybe it was on the day that I fell into the display of embossing folders while at the store. I couldn't get out of the store fast enough...after filling out a lengthy accident report with the manager. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Actually, I imagine each of my readers has a stash of things they put away for some reason. It could be skincare, makeup, garden tools, kitchen gadgets, paint brushes, clothes . . . just about anything! If you find yourself hibernating like I am during the brutally cold weather that has most of us hunkering down inside this week, perhaps you'll take some time to make a few discoveries, too. I have a box ready to donate and several other things have been put in the recycling and trash bins. It's a good feeling.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope you are staying warm, that you and those you love are safe, and that your new year is off to a good start. And until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment