Determined to make a dent in them, I set out to work on one of my oldest quilt tops. It was a pink and red Jacob's Ladder pattern, which is an old quilt design that has been around for years. I started making it about 20 years ago. Over the years, at different times, I pulled it off the shelf and made blocks, and eventually had enough blocks made to sew them into rows. So, when I pulled it out this spring, I needed to sew the rows together and then add a couple borders. Having decided that I would use only fabrics from my stash of the original pinks and reds I had used in the blocks, I auditioned several different ones for the inner and outer borders. When I found what I liked, I had barely enough to reach around the quilt, but in Tim Gunn fashion , I made it work by adding 4-patch blocks to the corners.
64" x 76"
Machine Quilted by Mt. Pleasant Quilting Company