Saturday, March 21, 2015

It's Official!


Criteria for the official arrival of spring:
  • See your first robin.
  • It is March 20th on the calendar.
  • It snows on the first day of spring . . . in Western New York, that is!
It really has arrived! We have met all three of the above criteria. There is mud all around due to the saturation of the land, but the good thing is this has been a   s l o w   melt. The streams may start to have ice jams when the ice floes start to clog the waterways, but for now, that has not happened here. In the valleys and along the hedgerows, you will see deep snow for a while yet.
Here in my studio, I have continued to make cards. I am getting back into more of a schedule because I require less medical care after my surgery, so it frees up my time and that of my dear & devoted husband.
In my next post, you will see that I am getting back to altering boxes and making other things, like folios and mini albums. And . . . there will be an announcement in April of a challenge I will be issuing. There is lots of fun on on the horizon at Studio Emmy, so stay tuned!
Below are the cards I made these past few weeks. I still have some projects that are due by the end of the month, but they will have to wait until my next post. There is nothing like a deadline to get me moving!


I made this screen card for my granddaughter's birthday. She studies Mandarin Chinese in school and this was my interpretation of something of an Oriental nature. The paper I used is Graphic 45's Bird Song. I punched the edge with one of my Fiskars punches.
 


I made a wallet-style envelope for the card. 


Here they are together. 


"Happy Birthday" in Chinese
(Thank you Google!)
I put this on the packaging I used to mail the card.
 

 I made a housewarming card for one of our real estate clients. The paper I used is DCWV's The Rustic Stack.
The little wreath is made up of many little flowers I punched from the paper stack and glued down one by one to a paper wreath shape. I love my Sizzix Tim Holtz door die.
 

Another housewarming card. 
I used DCWV's The Rustic Stack. 


I am loving my Sizzix chair die and matching embossing folder. (It is a set). The background paper is Everyday Moments by Recollections.
 

Another chair card. I used K&Company's Life's Journey paper stack. I tried to make it look like a floor and wall behind the chair. I shabbied up the flowers a little with some gesso and tucked some of my hand-dyed seam binding beneath them 


My friend, who is a quilter and fiber artist, celebrated her birthday this past week, so I made this card for her. I used my Tim Holtz dress form and wings dies and a Sizzlits sewing machine die. The paper I used is from DCWV'S The Dear Jane Stack.


It is an easel card.
 

I made a card for my husband for our wedding anniversary.
The paper I used is by Webster's Pages.
 


 This coming week I will start working on other projects . . . so there will be more than just cards in my next post! And remember, in April there will be a special challenge that you can join in on here on my blog!

Wishing you a good week and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Emmy


2 comments:

  1. I think I always see what you do but I enjoy reading and seeing you blog because I don't remember all that you do. Nice job on all of these things you have on here.

    ReplyDelete