Monday, February 1, 2016

A Clean Slate


Good morning!
The table in my sewing room became a makeshift medical supply table over the past year. The supplies have been reduced to one cardboard box and I am more than ready to dive in and start to do some serious sewing once again. I set my little portable machine up yesterday and when I walked past the door this morning and saw it silhouetted in the early morning light,  my heart fluttered a bit. I am so ready! 



The first order of business will be rifling through my stash to find all of my UFOs...unfinished objects (quilts). I will post photos in my next blog post....just to make myself accountable and keep me honest!  My friend just posted her UFOs on her blog last week. You can view her post by clicking on the link that follows:



I made some cards to send as thank you notes. I was a bit lazy and didn't use my little homemade light box to take a picture of them. It was too much effort to walk across the room to get it! You know what I'm talking about, right?!?!
My homemade light box!
She looks a little blue.
:-(
A good example of why I need to use my light box.
I made several of these and used some of the fake fur that was left over from Genevieve's Snow Princess ensemble.
If you haven't met Genevieve yet, you can read about her and see photos of her in previous posts here on my blog.
She appeared in the January 15th post.
I love the look of craft paper and burlap.
This too, was a remnant left from the shawl I wrapped around Genevieve in the fall.
She is pictured wearing it on a post made on September 29th.
I used another piece of the remnant for her shawl.
I am really liking the look!
It's a new week and a new month. There is even an extra day this month, being that 2016 is a leap year. I must move on and start searching in the closets for all of my UFOs. It's a little intimidating! I need to put my money...or should that be my sewing machine...where my mouth is! Blogging will hopefully keep me on track with this commitment! After all, the quilt show for my guild is only nine months away! You can view the guild's blog by clicking on the following link, where there are a lot of nice show and tell photos as well as photos of the challenge quilt exhibit that was just installed at the Richmond Memorial Library in Batavia.




I hope you are enjoying your day and wish good things for you. And, until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Emmy

P.S. Blogger recently changed some of the ways readers can comment on blogs. If you do not have a google account, you may not be able to post a comment. I will investigate the settings and see if I can make adjustments. If you are one of the readers who cannot post a comment here, please post here:


 

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment