Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015 . . .

Wrapping up the year can be anxiety producing. We hope to accomplish so many things in a new year, but sometimes life gets in the way of our plans. I guess it is good that one year has only 365 days! 2016 will be a leap year, so the year will have one extra day on February 29th! Each new year offers us a new start. So, it is out with the old and in with the new!


An altered jar holds our little notes of thankfulness. During the past year, we each jotted down things that we were grateful for and placed them in the "thankful" jar, as they occurred. We will open that jar tonight and reminisce. Tomorrow we will restart the process.


We will open our other altered jar of resolutions tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I am taking time today to assess what I have accomplished in the past year. I will make some plans and set some goals. I will write them down on little pieces of paper, just like I did last year, and place them in our jar. My husband and I enjoy this new tradition.


I posted photos of these jars, here on my blog, last year. If you would like one, please let me know. I will be happy to make one or both for you. They are a nice way to remind us of what is important. Here they are again:




I had surgery this year in September, and by the time I was well enough to work in my studio, it was almost Christmas! I managed to make a few cards for special orders. I will have a lot more ready for next year, as I am planning to ramp up my card making. Here are a few that I made this year:











There are just a few hours left in 2015. It has been a year of learning and coping for my husband and me as we spent the entire year focused on my health. I have been given the green light by my surgeon to resume a normal life. I am ready. I could never have gone through the surgeries and recovery without the loving care that my husband bestowed on me. He dedicated himself to taking care of me, the house and our real estate business. He needs a rest and I hope this year will bring him the rewards he deserves for his selflessness.

With all best wishes for the new year, and until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Emmy




2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a thankful jar - I would love to start that tradition as well! You've had quite a year... praying things will be better for you & Paul and you both have a healthy and happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the birch trees out of music paper. But you know me.....how could I not? Two of my favorite loves, combined!

    ReplyDelete