Saturday, June 13, 2015

Where did I go?

Once again . . .It has been forever since I posted on my blog. I waited because there were some projects that I was in the middle of and didn't want to spoil the surprise of the recipient. I think from now on, I will just post on my blog the day after I complete something! There will be more frequent posts, too!

Our weather has finally turned into true spring-like weather. I am happy for it. There has been a lot of rain, It makes the weeds grow nice and tall! I need to get out and pull them while the ground is still soggy. I am looking forward to power washing the deck this week. I love playing with water! Our resident mourning doves built a nest on top of our downspout, but now they have hatched their young and they have all flown the nest. I couldn't wash it last week, or even have my morning coffee out there because they were sitting in my chair!




As part of an on line craft group that I am in, called Craft That Divas, on Face Book, I participated in a swap with one other partner. We call each other "swapners"! . . . Anyway . . . we made boxes out of ordinary manila file folders. This is the one I made for my swapner, Linda, in Hawaii. I followed a tutorial on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ7YllXqG70&feature=youtu.be&list=UUZ7irRP-Q6d3xE9I5oB5hXA

I combined my dress form die and my bird cage die to create my little "angel" on the front/top of the box.
Her wings are metal.
The flowers are all fussy cut from the paper and inked on the edges.
The paper line I used for this is Chateau Lavender by DCWV.



The inside flap is supposed to be like a greeting card, but I just decorated it instead! 


Here is the box part of the project.

Inside I placed another little box with a surprise inside.


As you can see, this ended up having a French theme.
I used my fleur des lis die to cut the shape.

I stamped the paper on the reverse side with a fleur de lis stamp.
The box closes with a magnet.


Inside the box are stick pins that I made in colors to match the lavender and green in the paper.

I altered a #8 tag to make the stick pin holder and used some of my hand-dyed seambinding for the bow.

We were to also include an ATC inside the box.
(Artist Trading Card) I  made a miniature, of sorts, of my little angel on the box cover.


I made a gate-fold card for Linda using my Eifel Tower die.


I have jumped back into my real estate career after recuperating from surgery in December, so now my crafting time is limited to early mornings and late at night. I don't mind though, because I love working with my clients. Having less time to craft just means I will be more organized in the long run, and maybe more productive   . . . maybe!

I hope you enjoyed seeing this project. I will be back more often with things I make. There will be lots of cards . . and then maybe I will make a mini album. Oh, and quilting. . . did you know I really DO make quilts, too! I wish there were more hours in the day!

Take good care, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment