Sunday, December 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Divas!

Just a quick post today! I am in an online group called Craft That Divas on Facebook. The group just celebrated it's first year and we were given a challenge to make a Diva-worthy cake. Below is a photo of the cake I made. I used DCWV The French Country Stack to make the cake slices, which are actually little boxes. I also made the flowers from the same paper.

There is a little story that I need to tell you about the flowers. I have never made paper roses before and I never intended to make them for this project; but when I went to my local Michaels store to buy some ready-made flowers, there were none to be found! I asked where they had been moved to and I was told they were taken off the shelves to make room for the Christmas merchandise! It was my only chance to get them, so I had to come up with a plan . . . and that was to make them. I started with the 10 large ones, and it just needed more . . . so I then made 20 small roses to fill in and make it look better. It still needed more! I ended up making 30 small roses in addition to the 10 large ones. I certainly know how to make paper roses now!

I made a video which you can see on my YouTube Channel.
Click on the link below if you would like to watch the video.






 I used my grandmother's cake plate for display. I never make real cakes, so I am happy that I can put this paper cake on it!

Thanks for stopping by . . . and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment