Monday, November 17, 2014

It is the middle of November already!

November Greetings!
Since my last post ...several months ago on August 22nd,  I have been out of the loop due to illness. As my health allows, I will be here as often as possible to share what I have been up to. Being homebound has had its advantages because it allowed me the uninterrupted time in my studio to work on papercrafting and sewing projects. I may end up finishing some of my UFOs (unfinished objects)! I was able to complete three of my quilts in time for the quilt show that my guild held in October. I should have several more quilts ready for the next show in two years!
Last Friday night the facebook group that I am a member of, Craft That Divas, got together in cyberspace to make explosion boxes. Here are some photos of the one I made. I used some double-sided MME papers that I had in my stash: "Grateful" & "Cherish" & "Adore" The box has tags to write on, 4 little cards to journal on and 5 places where photos can be inserted in photo corners.








We are going to have our first snow storm of the season. This is how it looks out my upstairs window. We have many days that we are under the lake effect clouds. It looks like we live in a black and white world! :-) This is one of the reasons I love to use my pretty fabric and papers in the winter. It brightens my days! ByThursday morning, it may be sunny and beautiful and provide some wonderful photo ops!
This is why I like to bring the potted geraniums inside in the winter! These are in my studio window and brighten the room!


It seems that every time I do a blog post, something has changed in the format.  I have made some edits here and there and tried to tweak this post. :-)


Mostly I want to say I am happy to be back. I am grateful for my husband who loves me and supports me in my creative efforts. and happy to have good medical care.


And . . . until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.


Emmy 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment